Skip to content

RV Insurance

from Clayton Hanley Insurance

RV Insurance

Does Your RV Need Insurance?

Just like when you take your car on the road, if you use your recreational vehicle, you need RV insurance. It doesn’t matter if you head to the Lake of the Ozarks for a few weeks of camping or go to Florida for the entire winter; you still need coverage for you and your fellow motorists.

As independent agents, we have a wide array of RV insurance products available to our clients in St. Louis, Missouri, and we can help you find the right policy for your needs.

What Do We Need to Know to Create Your Policy?

To customize RV insurance for your usage, we need to know a little more about you and your RV travel. We may inquire about:

  • The make and model of your RV, as well as its age and value
  • Whether your RV is new or used
  • Who drives your RV
  • The driving records of all drivers
  • If you intend to use your RV as a vacation vehicle or residence
  • Your prior auto and RV insurance claims history
  • Where you intend to drive your RV
  • Whether you need to tow anything behind your RV
  • Where your RV is garaged when not in use
  • If you travel with pets
  • If you keep valuables inside your RV
  • Whether or not you need roadside assistance

What Types of RV Coverage Are There?

There are lots of different types of policies depending on how and where you use your RV. For example, if you use your RV as a residence, you want different coverage than if you use it solely as a vehicle. If you intend to head south of the border, you need insurance specifically for Mexico, as your US insurance won’t apply there.

As well as essential liability coverage, which protects you in case you are at fault in an accident or if you have an accident with an uninsured motorist, you may want personal property insurance. You may also want Vacation Liability, Pest Damage Protection or Roof Protection Plus, in case you get stranded.

We work with all these factors, as well as your budget and desired deductible and any appropriate discounts, to come up with the best plan for you.

For more information about RV insurance, contact Clayton Hanley Insurance at 314-487-2921 or get in touch online to start a quote. We want you to enjoy your RV wherever adventure takes you, and we’ll make sure you do it with the right protection.