Protect Yourself and Others with Boat Insurance
With so many beautiful lakes and rivers around St. Louis and southern Illinois , having a boat is a dream come true. To truly enjoy pleasure boating, make sure you have boat insurance to cover you, your boat, and other boating enthusiasts sharing the water with you.
As local independent insurance agents, Clayton Hanley Insurance has access to dozens of boat insurance options for you, so you get a customized approach to your coverage. Everyone’s requirements are different when it comes to boats, so we help you assemble the protection that best suits your usage, boat value, and desire for extras that give you greater peace of mind.
Boat Insurance Components
There are numerous elements to boat insurance. This list will help you understand what different types of coverage are for:
- Agreed value coverage: the amount your boat will be covered for if it’s lost or stolen
- Deductible: how much you pay out of pocket before your insurance policy is activated
- Navigational area: where you intend to operate your boat (e.g., local lakes, Lake of the Ozarks, Tablerock, Carlyle lake, the Gulf Coast, etc.)
- Liability: protection for other people’s boats, property, and medical expenses in a boating accident where you are at fault
- Medical payments: coverage for you, your passengers, or water skiers and tubers if any of you are injured while boating, regardless of who is at fault
- Physical damage coverage: repair or replacement of the boat (includes motor, trailer, and permanently attached equipment)
- Motor coverage: coverage for lower units of outboard motors, and the upper and lower units of inboard/outboard motors in the event of a mechanical breakdown, including those caused by wear and tear.
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft bodily injury: protection for incidents involving uninsured or insufficiently insured boaters
- Fuel spill liability and wreckage removal: pays the cost of the cleanup if your boat is damaged or sinks
- Personal effects: coverage for personal property on board, such as (clothing, fishing gear, SCUBA equipment, personal electronics, etc.)
- Unattached equipment coverage: protects equipment that’s not attached to the boat (oars, lifesaving gear, etc.)
- Emergency assistance: gives you a tow, gas, or a new battery if stranded on the water, similar to roadside assistance for motorists
Don’t risk going out on the water without the coverage you need for your boat. Contact Clayton Hanley Insurance today at 314-487-2921 or send us a message online for a quick quote and answers to your questions. You’ll be able to enjoy your time boating more when you know you are properly protected.