The collector car market evolves with each generation. While the Silent Generation started collecting cars, it was Baby Boomers who really got it rolling. They fell in love with the Chevrolet Bel Air, the Ford Mustang, the Corvette Stingray, and other iconic vehicles. Along with restoring them, they blended modern features with classic car bodies to create restomods, driving a whole new segment of collectibles.
Generation X car enthusiasts are heavily influenced by popular media. They go for the Bullitt Mustang, the Vanishing Point Challenger, Magnum, P.I.’s 308 Ferrari, and KITT, the 1982 Trans Am from Knight Rider. Millennials are becoming a significant force in the collector car market, too. The cars of their childhoods, like the Mazda Miata, the Toyota Supra, the BMW M3, as well as many trucks and SUVs, are the classic cars of the future. Today, there is a robust market for collector cars. And with the restomod marketplace active and growing younger and younger, new collector cars are being created all the time.
Coverage You Need for Less than a Dollar a Day
Though there are many types of classic cars, they all have something in common — they need protection. When choosing the right policy, there a few keys things to consider, including how much you drive it. If it’s fewer than 5,000 miles per year you’ll qualify for lower, limited use rates.
Agreed value is another essential feature. Unlike other vehicles, classics often appreciate over time. So if your car is declared a total loss after being stolen or damaged, you get the amount we mutually agreed upon when you took out your policy. All you pay is the deductible. No depreciation, no confusion, just the full value back.
Your classic, collectible, or vintage vehicle is more than just a car — it’s a labor of love, a hobby, and an investment all rolled into one. Whether you’re cruising the open road or showing it off at a weekend rally, get the peace of mind of knowing you’re covered should anything happen to your treasured ride.
To learn more about protecting your special vehicle, give us a call today.
Modern Insurance for Your Classic Car
It takes more than age to make it a classic. A collector car isn’t just a way to get around. It’s an investment that will continue to appreciate in coming years.
Not all classic or antique cars are used the same, so Clayton Hanley will work with you to select the appropriate policy to accommodate coverage needs, miles driven, vehicle age, and vehicle modifications to make sure you have the best policy to meet your needs. Here are some features you should look for when shopping for classic car insurance:
- Agreed Value: This means the provider will pay you the full (agreed to) amount in the event of a covered total loss, less any applicable deductible. This type of coverage is much better than “actual cash value” or “stated value” that you may get with some companies.
- Low Rates: Why pay full-time insurance when you driver your collector car only part-time.
- Coverage Options: Not all collector cars are the same, so Clayton Hanley can work with you to determine the right amount of coverage to meet your specific needs.
- Generous Mileage: You’re proud of your collector car, so drive it. Not all insurance companies have a mileage limit, but most collector cars should be driven less than 5,000 annual miles to maintain their value.
- Roadside Assistance: Whether you’re down the street or on a classic rally through the mountains, you’ll want to find coverage that will flatbed your car to the closest qualified repair facility.
Do you need the insurance for your prize Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Corvette, Thunderbird, or other collector car? Clayton Hanley Insurance Talk with Clayton Hanley today to identify the best combination of coverage, value, and price for you. We can help make sure your insurance continually meets your needs. Give us a call today at 314-487-2921.